The first Cycle for Science in 2016 was organised by Niek van Dijk and his AMC faculty.
The tour had a two-fold task — to raise awareness about the importance of exercise, and to raise money for the ESSKA Foundation to support research.
2016 Cycle for Science
ESSKA, a group of orthopaedic surgeons and members of the Ankle Platform rode from the 2014 ESSKA hosting city, Amsterdam, to the 17th biennial ESSKA Congress in Barcelona.
The tour consisted of six stages in four countries combined with four scientific symposia. The route included two classic “Tour de France-climbs” — the Alpe d’Huez and the Mont Ventoux.
2018 Cycle for Science - Join us!
This exciting Scottish tour will cover 4 stages through the stunning landscapes of the Trossachs and the Highland Perthshire.
• 4 nights accommodation Friday 4 May – Tuesday 8 May inclusive
• 4 days guided cycling tour with professional guides and full mechanical support and GPS
• All meals (excluding lunches and alcoholic drinks at dinner)
• Transfers to and from airport
• Evening Symposia (programme to be confirmed)
• Single room supplement (£30 per person / night)
• Road bike hire (£30 per person)
• Visits and tours (e.g. distillery tours and other touristic excursions. Full details provided at a later stage)
• All riders will be requested to make a charitable donation to The ESSKA Foundation to continue to raise funds to support research
All riders must have individual travel insurance to cover cycle touring, medical cover and repatriation. Proof of policy will be required before commencing the tour. Anyone who does not have adequate cover will not be allowed to take part and no refunds will be provided
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED AS WE HAVE REACHED MAXIMUM NUMBER OF RIDERS.