24 candidates from all over Europe will compete in different fields, theoretical and practical tests on knee specimens. With over 3 stages and 5 gruelling days of training and evaluation, a "Master Arthroscopist" will need to show perfection in every aspect of Orthopaedic and Sports Trauma. Surgery!
- Stage 1 (training): Milan, 6-7 December 2019
- Stage 2 (training and elimination): Milan, 6-7 March 2020
- Stage 3 (the final): Milan, 5 May 2020
Stages 1 & 2
Candidates paired in groups of two will compete with other groups under the supervision of world-renowned ESSKA faculty. The evaluation will be intense, in keeping with the current high standards! At the end of stage 2, only six candidates are chosen to prove themselves in the third and final stage of the competition.
At the last intense stage, the remaining six will be pushed to their limits before a jury of ESSKA luminaries.
Just ONE will emerge as "ESSKA’s Master Arthroscopist" and be acclaimed as such at the ESSKA Milan Congress 2020!
Do you qualify for this course?
To qualify, you must:
- be an orthopaedic surgeon or resident under 30 years of age
- be European
- be/become an ESSKA member
- speak English fluently
- complete the online application form
The ESSKA Education Committee independently evaluate and score your applications.
The 24 top-scored candidates are selected to participate in the competition.
There is no registration fee.
ESSKA covers the following for selected candidates:
- one night accommodation per stage
- refreshments, lunches and dinner per stage
- free ESSKA Congress 2020 Registration (only for stage 3 candidates)
- Candidates will need to cover all travel expenses.
- Visa applications do not lie in the filed of ESSKA’s power or liability. Therefore all costs and expenses related to or caused by immigration matters remain at the selected candidate's only charge.