Note: No positions are available for this course
The ESSKA Advanced Knee Arthroscopy Course is designed to provide certified Orthopaedic Surgeons thorough didactic and practical training in challenging disorders of the Meniscus from renowned ESSKA Faculty using state of the art surgical facilities.There are 24 positions available. The above course will be submitted for accreditation to the UEMS (European Union of Medical Specialists) for European CME credits (ECMECs).
17/10/2019 to 18/10/2019
17-18 October 2019
Map this event »
Expert Connect Centre
Croxley Green Business Park
Watford WD18 8YE
+352 44 11 7027
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
- Learn all about the meniscus starting from the very simple to the very complex
- The basics of arthroscopic portals will be revisited in light of the multiportal access to the knee joint
- Optimization of meniscus healing will be discussed in order to learn ways to promote healing in doubtful cases
- Meniscectomy, one of the most frequently performed procedures in orthopaedic surgery will be refreshed
- Meniscus suturing including all inside, outside-in and inside-out, followed by hand-on practise in the laboratory
- How to suture a ramp lesion and how to suture a root tear
- Meniscal allografts or substitutes will be discussed as an option in salvage cases
Do you qualify for this course?
To qualify, you must:
- perform 40 - 50 knee cases per year
- be a European citizen
- be/become an ESSKA member
- be a certified orthopaedic surgeon in your own country
- speak English fluently
- complete the online application form
The ESSKA Education Committee independently evaluate and score the applications.
The 24 top-scored candidates are selected for the course.
Registration fee 500€ - upon selection
ESSKA covers the following for selected candidates:
- travel reimbursement up to 350€
- all transfers in the United Kingdom
- two nights accommodation
- lunches and dinner
Your fee helps ESSKA to support research in the field of Orthopaedics and Sports Traumatology.
Note: Visa applications do not lie in the field of ESSKA’s power or liability. Therefore all costs and expenses related to or caused by immigration matters remain at the selected candidate's only charge.