About ESSKA Membership
Types of Membership
Full membership is for qualified medical doctors, who are practising professionally. The membership fee to pay for this category is 140 €.
Conditional Membership is for residents and physio-therapists. The membership fee to pay for this category is 75 €.
Honorary Membership may be awarded by the Full Board, in recognition of an exceptional contribution to ESSKA, its development and prestige.
Life Membership may be awarded by the Full Board - to someone who was formerly a member - in recognition of their exceptional contribution to ESSKA, its development and prestige.
Emeritus Membership may be granted to those who have retired from clinical work, but retain their scientific interest. It must be requested by a member (Full or Conditional), and decided upon by the Secretary General or the Full Board.
Friends of ESSKA are non-members, who are anyway interested in our society
NB: ESSKA Membership is an annual membership which begins on 1 January and ends on 31 December.
Membership fees must be paid by 31 December in order to ensure uninterrupted access to the restricted member area and continuous delivery of the KSSTA Journals.
What are the Benefits of ESSKA Full Membership?
- A monthly copy of and online access to KSSTA, our renowned clinical journal
- Reduced registration fees for ESSKA events: the Biennial Congress, workshops, seminars and courses
- 33% reduction on ESSKA publications
- Exclusive access to the premium content on ESSKA Academy - our online educational platform
- Free subscription to the ESSKA Newsletter, published twice a year
- Access to various ESSKA educational and fellowship programmes
- The right to vote at the General Meeting, serve on ESSKA committees, and apply for section membership.
- Non-Europeans may be Full Members, but may not vote, and are not eligible for the Full Board
- Conditional Members may not vote, and are not eligible for the Full Board
- Conditional Members only have online access to KSSTA
- Residents must proffer a Certificate of Residency each year
Why Become an ESSKA Member?
ESSKA is the leading pan-European organisation for knee-surgery, arthroscopy and sports traumatology.
We bring practitioners together, and foster the sharing of research, of practical techniques and experience.
We organise courses, conferences and fellowships.
In all this, our aim is to improve the skills of all our members, and in every sense.
Welcome to ESSKA!