This Fellowship is focused on total joint replacement, particularly on knees and shoulder replacements.
This instructional programme includes the possibility to learn correct indications for degenerative joint diseases, joint stiffness and pain. The surgical techniques will be clearly explained in up to four weeks full-duty training. Special theoretical and practical sessions are developed to make young surgeons be able to perform joint replacement easily.
The fellows will participate in several surgeries and patient evaluations. Teaching centres are selected among ESSKA accredited centres in Europe.
There are 15 positions available each year, which are open to applications from Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Fellowship covers travel and accommodation.
It is organised in conjunction with EKA and ESA (the relevant sections of ESSKA), and sponsored by DePuy Synthes, one of our major sponsors.
Do you qualify for this fellowship?
To qualify, you must:
- be a certified orthopaedic in your own country
- be under 40 at the point of application
- speak English fluently
- be European, Middle Eastern or African
- make yourself available for the duration of the Fellowship
- submit a written report at the end of the programme
- not have held this fellowship before
- be/become an ESSKA member
How to Apply
Applications are currently closed.
When is the deadline?
The deadline for applications will soon be communicated.
Whom should you contact in ESSKA?
For queries and difficulties, please contact email@example.com